Kamsons Pharmacies offer free NHS flu vaccinations to those eligible or private vaccines for £12 during the flu vaccination season. It is not necessary to make an exact appointment but we do suggest calling your local Kamsons Pharmacy for more information and to ensure the correct staffing and stock is present on your chosen day. Contact details can be found on the branches section of this website.
There are a few myths that surround flu vaccinations. Did you know that it is not possible to catch flu from receiving the vaccine? You also need to have a flu vaccine each year as they are tailored to the strains of flu for that season.
The following groups are entitled to a free NHS vaccine:
If you are not sure if you are entitled to a free vaccine please see the below criteria. If you have any questions relating to flu vaccines please contact your local Kamsons pharmacy team.
- People aged from 18 to less than 65 years of age with one or more of the following medical conditions:
Chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis.
Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure.
Chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five.
Chronic liver disease.
Chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability.
Immunosuppression, a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment).
Asplenia or splenic dysfunction.
- Pregnant women aged 18 or over (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season).
- People aged 18 or over living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities.
- Carers aged 18 or over.
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals who are aged 18 or over.
- All people aged 65 years and over (including those becoming age 65 years by 31 March of the following year).