Chlamydia is the most commonly diagnosed sexually transmitted disease in the UK in men and women under the age of 25. The infection often does not present any symptoms.
It is recommended that everyone under the age of 25 should be tested every 12 months or when changing sexual partners.
How the service works
Many Kamsons Pharmacies offer free of charge home Chlamydia testing kits. It is a simple and discrete service, the pharmacy will not be informed of your results.
- Visit the pharmacy and speak to any member of the pharmacy team. Please make the member of staff aware if you would like to speak in private.
- The member of staff will give you a pack containing the testing kit and instructions.
- Undertake the test in the privacy of your own home. Males will be required to provide a urine sample and females an internal swab.
- Post the completed sample to the address specified on the included instructions.
- You will be contacted directly with your results.
If you test positive for chlamydia, it’s important that your current sexual partner and any other recent sexual partners you’ve had are also tested and treated. Chlamydia can usually be effectively treated with antibiotics. More than 95% of people will be cured if they take their antibiotics correctly.
You shouldn’t have sex until both you and your partner(s) have completed treatment.