Services & Treatments
Kamsons Pharmacy provide a wide variety of services from each branch. Pharmacies play an important front line role in the detection and prevention of various health conditions.
UK Health Statistics:
- In 2016/17 there were estimated to be 484,700 hospital admissions attributable to smoking, this represents 4% of hospital admissions overall.
- In ten years, 7,000 years of life could be saved and £120 million not spent on related health and social care if an improvement in the diagnosis of high blood pressure can be achieved.
- If current trends persist, one in three people will be obese by 2034 and one in ten will develop Type 2 diabetes.
What services do we offer?
Each pharmacy will offer a range of services dependent on the needs of its population and what is commissioned locally. The services we provide are designed to detect early signs and symptoms of cardiovascular disease, prevent the spread of infectious diseases, offer protection and influence better lifestyle choices.
The main services we offer are listed below, if you are interested in a service that is not listed please speak to a member of the pharmacy team. Some of our pharmacies may offer services that are not listed.
- Advice and Self Care
- Anticoagulant Monitoring
- C-Card Scheme
- Chlamydia Screening
- Dispensing of Medicines
- Electronic Prescription Service
- Emergency Contraception
- Erectile Dysfunction Prescribing
- Flu Vaccination
- Free Prescription Delivery
- H-Pylori Testing
- Malaria Prevention Prescribing
- Medicine Use Review (MUR)
- Minor Ailments
- Needle Exchange
- NHS Health Check
- Shingles and Chickenpox Vaccination
- Stop Smoking Support
- Supervised Consumption
- Travel Vaccinations
Full details of which services your local pharmacy offers can be found on their individual pharmacy page under the branches section of our website.
We are always interested in new opportunities so if you would like to discuss how Kamsons Pharmacy could help you then please contact us via our webcontact form.