Pre-Reg Pharmacist Training
Kamsons Pharmacy Pre-registration Pharmacist Training Programme was recognised at the Chemist & Druggist Awards on 6th June 2019 as the winner of the prestigious C&D Training and Development Award. This award was for the quality, breadth and results of the Kamsons Pre-reg Training Programme.
Some of the reasons why Kamsons Pharmacy won the C&D Training & Development Award are:
- Every year Kamsons beats the General Pharmaceutical Council’s Registration Exam national pass rate.
- Kamsons Pharmacy is the only large company to have achieved a 100% GPhC Registration Exam pass rate for two consecutive years.
- Long established in-house training programme that has been running and developed over more than 15 years
- An emphasis on pastoral care- at Kamsons we know it a difficult year working full time whilst studying for the hardest exam of your life. We will look after you and support you throughout the year. Our Pre-reg Training Manager is on hand to support both pre-reg trainees and tutors with any issues
- We provide a broad experience and partnership working to provide you with a really interesting year including visits to a hospice to learn about palliative care, some joint training days with hospital pre-reg trainees, visiting lecturers from University of Cambridge Medical School and University of East Anglia and full-length mock exams from the University of Bradford. Note that our pre-regs in Manchester and Leeds undertake a different programme and will not attend all of these sessions.
- Over a third of our pharmacist managers are our ex-pre-registration trainees.
- Some newly qualified Kamsons pharmacists go straight into managing their own Kamsons Pharmacy whilst most stay on and work covering managers’ days off and holidays in a range of Kamsons Pharmacy branches
- Our training is broad enough to provide you with the experience to work anywhere- immediately after their pre-reg year with Kamsons, our newly qualified pharmacists have gone straight into jobs in hospital pharmacies, GP surgeries and the pharmaceutical industry. One ex-Kamsons pre-reg even owns his own pharmacies in Brighton.
- Our pre-reg tutors are committed to providing you with excellent training. They all volunteer for the role.
- Our ex-pre-regs give great feedback on their year.
To apply for a pre-reg pharmacist place in 2021-22, then please search for Kamsons on the NHS Oriel system (under training programmes) available at https://www.oriel.nhs.uk
We may have some spaces for the year 2021/22 after we receive the results of who Oriel has placed with us in December 2020. If you wish to send in your details beforehand, please send your CV and covering letter to us at email@example.com
Vacancies below to start in July 2021:
for pharmacy students currently in the fourth year of their MPharm degree:
please apply for the posts below via the NHS Oriel portal by clicking here
On Oriel, please put the following into the search criteria:
- Employer type: primary care
- Size of organisation: medium 25-200
- then choose the county:
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Leeds/LS10 3NB/1893
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Bolton/BL1 5PU/1890
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy t/a Focus Pharmacy/Failsworth/M35 0AD/1891
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Luton/LU1 3UA/1874
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy t/a Highcliffe Pharmacy/Christchurch/BH23 5EY/1892
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Bow/E3 3EW/1888
one listing with 5 spaces available at Mitcham, Sutton, Carshalton, Clapham & Wallington
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/London/CR4 3PR/SW4 6EB/SM1 1BT/SM6 OHY/SM5 2RE/1889
North West London:
Ealing – in Perivale at Watmans Pharmacy
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy t/a Watmans Pharmacy/Perivale/UB6 7HQ /1887
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Brighton/BN1 6AG/BN1 1TH/BN2 3HP/1885
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Peacehaven/BN10 8LD/1884
Pulborough– this is one of the largest pharmacies in the country which is fully integrated with the attached GP practice with excellent inter-professional relationships. It is in a beautiful part of Sussex and Pulborough train station is within walking distance.
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy t/a Corden Pharmacy/Pulborough/RH20 1FG/1882
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Chichester/PO19 1JL/1878
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Crawley/RH11 9BA/1880
Crawley- Pound Hill
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Crawley/RH11 7EA/1879
Angmering/East Preston, near Littlehampton
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Angmering/BN16 3AE/1875
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Bognor Regis/PO22 9TD/1881
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Southwick/BN42 4FB/1877
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Eastbourne/BN23 8ED/1883
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Eastbourne/BN21 1SD/1886
Oriel Reference: Kamsons Pharmacy/Uckfield/TN22 1BA/1876
Redhill– this is split pre-reg year with East Surrey Hospital whereby you will gain experience of both sectors. You will work for 6 months at Kamsons Pharmacy in Redhill and 6 months at East Surrey Hospital. To find this place on Oriel, please search for secondary care places in Sussex (not Surrey) under Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
Oriel Reference: Surrey&Sussex Healthcare NHSFT/Redhill/RH1 5RH & Kamsons Pharmacy/Redhill/RH1 2NP/2885