Trainee Pharmacist Foundation Year Graduate Training Programme
Kamsons Pharmacy Pre-registration Pharmacist Training Programme was recognised at the Chemist & Druggist Awards on 6th June 2019 as the winner of the prestigious C&D Training and Development Award. This award was for the quality, breadth and results of the Kamsons Pre-reg Training Programme.
Read full details in this article in the professional press about our practical training days and “How we achieved pre-reg pass rates of 100% two year’s running”
Some of the reasons why Kamsons Pharmacy won the C&D Training & Development Award are:
- Every year Kamsons beats the General Pharmaceutical Council’s Registration Exam national pass rate.
- Kamsons Pharmacy is the only large company to have achieved a 100% GPhC Registration Exam pass rate for two consecutive years.
- Long established in-house training programme that has been running and developed over more than 15 years
- An emphasis on pastoral care- at Kamsons we know it a difficult year working full time whilst studying for the hardest exam of your life. We will look after you and support you throughout the year. Our Training Manager is on hand to support both pre-reg trainees and tutors with any issues
- We provide a broad experience and partnership working to provide you with a really interesting year including visits to a hospice to learn about palliative care, some joint training days with hospital pre-reg trainees, visiting lecturers from University of Cambridge Medical School and University of East Anglia and full-length mock exams from the University of Bradford. Note that our pre-regs in Manchester and Leeds undertake a different programme and will not attend all of these sessions.
- Over a third of our pharmacist managers are our ex-pre-registration trainees.
- Some newly qualified Kamsons pharmacists go straight into managing their own Kamsons Pharmacy whilst most stay on and work covering managers’ days off and holidays in a range of Kamsons Pharmacy branches
- Our training is broad enough to provide you with the experience to work anywhere- immediately after their pre-reg year with Kamsons, our newly qualified pharmacists have gone straight into jobs in hospital pharmacies, GP surgeries and the pharmaceutical industry. One ex-Kamsons pre-reg even owns his own pharmacies in Brighton.
- Our pre-reg tutors are committed to providing you with excellent training. They all volunteer for the role.
- Our ex-pre-regs give great feedback on their year.
To apply for a pre-reg pharmacist place in 2022-23, then please search for Kamsons on the NHS Oriel system (under training programmes) available at https://www.oriel.nhs.uk Details of the Oriel application timetable are available at https://www.lasepharmacy.hee.nhs.uk/national-recruitment/
We have filled most of our places but have some spaces left for the year 2021/22 to start in late July 2021. Please have a look at the bottom of the page to see what is available. To apply please send your CV and covering letter to us at email@example.com
Vacancies below to start in July 2022:
for pharmacy students going into MPharmIV:
please apply via the NHS Oriel portal by clicking here
On Oriel, please go into the pharmacy programmes then search for Kamsons Pharmacy under employer
one listing with 5 spaces available at Mitcham, Sutton, Carshalton, Clapham & Wallington
North West London:
Ealing – at Watmans Pharmacy
Pulborough– this is one of the largest pharmacies in the country which is fully integrated with the attached GP practice with excellent inter-professional relationships. It is in a beautiful part of Sussex and Pulborough train station is within walking distance.
Chichester– working with an experienced independent prescriber
Crawley- Pound Hill
Angmering/East Preston, near Littlehampton
Eastbourne- Victoria Medical Centre- a brand new flagship pharmacy due to open in July 2021
Redhill– this is split pre-reg year with East Surrey Hospital whereby you will gain experience of both sectors. You will work for 6 months at Kamsons Pharmacy in Redhill and 6 months at East Surrey Hospital. To find this place on Oriel, please search for secondary care places in Sussex (not Surrey) under Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
Vacancies below to start in July 2021:
for pharmacy students currently in the fourth year of their MPharm degree or currently studying for the OSPAP course
please apply for the posts below by emailing a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kamsons Pharmacy in Middleton, Leeds LS10 3NB
Kamsons Pharmacy in Bow, East London E3 3EW
spaces available to be based at
Kamsons Pharmacy in Carshalton SM5 2RE
Kamsons Pharmacy Peacehaven BN10 8LD
Kamsons Pharmacy Crawley RH11 9BA
Kamsons Pharmacy Eastbourne