Pre-Reg Pharmacist Training
Kamsons Pharmacy Pre-registration Pharmacist Training Programme was recognised at the Chemist & Druggist Awards on 6th June 2019 as the winner of the prestigious C&D Training and Development Award. This award was for the quality, breadth and results of the Kamsons Pre-reg Training Programme.
Some of the reasons why Kamsons Pharmacy won the C&D Training & Development Award are:
- Every year Kamsons beats the General Pharmaceutical Council’s Registration Exam national pass rate.
- Kamsons Pharmacy is the only large company to have achieved a 100% GPhC Registration Exam pass rate for two consecutive years.
- Long established in-house training programme that has been running and developed over more than 15 years
- An emphasis on pastoral care- at Kamsons we know it a difficult year working full time whilst studying for the hardest exam of your life. We will look after you and support you throughout the year. Our Pre-reg Training Manager is on hand to support both pre-reg trainees and tutors with any issues
- We provide a broad experience and partnership working to provide you with a really interesting year including visits to a hospice to learn about palliative care, some joint training days with hospital pre-reg trainees, visiting lecturers from University of Cambridge Medical School and University of East Anglia, full-length mock exams from the NPA and the University of Bradford. Note that our pre-regs in Manchester and Leeds undertake a different programme and will not attend all of these sessions.
- Over a third of our pharmacist managers are our ex-pre-registration trainees.
- Some newly qualified Kamsons pharmacists go straight into managing their own Kamsons Pharmacy whilst most stay on and work covering managers’ days off and holidays in a range of Kamsons Pharmacy branches
- Our training is broad enough to provide you with the experience to work anywhere- immediately after their pre-reg year with Kamsons, our newly qualified pharmacists have gone straight into jobs in hospital pharmacies, GP surgeries and the pharmaceutical industry. One ex-Kamsons pre-reg even owns his own pharmacies in Brighton.
- Our pre-reg tutors are committed to providing you with excellent training. They all volunteer for the role.
- Our ex-pre-regs give great feedback on their year.
To apply for a pre-reg pharmacist place in 2021-22, then please search for Kamsons on the NHS Oriel system (under training programmes) available at https://www.oriel.nhs.uk from Summer 2020.
We have some spaces still for pre-reg places starting in August 2020. For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies still available to start in July 2020
Leeds– West Yorkshire.
Kamsons Pharmacy in Middleton, Leeds is an excellent site with a robot, good inter-professional relationships with the next-door practice and a superb support team. The pharmacist manager/tutor is exceptional and is the Chair of a LPC, a MHRA Responsible Person for wholesaling as well as an inspirational pharmacist and tutor
For the above vacancy please apply directly by sending a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Vacancies below to start in July 2021:
for pharmacy students going into MPharmIV in September 2020:
please apply for the posts below via the NHS Oriel portal by clicking here from Summer 2020
On Oriel, please put the following into the search criteria:
- Employer type: primary care
- Size of organisation: medium 25-200
- then choose the county:
one listing with 5 spaces available at Mitcham, Sutton, Carshalton, Clapham & Wallington
North West London:
Pulborough– this is one of the largest pharmacies in the country which is fully integrated with the attached GP practice with excellent inter-professional relationships. It is in a beautiful part of Sussex and Pulborough train station is within walking distance.
Crawley- Pound Hill
Angmering/East Preston, near Littlehampton
Redhill– this is split pre-reg year with East Surrey Hospital whereby you will gain experience of both sectors. You will work for 6 months at Kamsons Pharmacy in Redhill and 6 months at East Surrey Hospital. To find this place on Oriel, please search for secondary care places in Sussex (not Surrey) under Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.