Pre-Reg Pharmacist Training
Kamsons Pharmacy Pre-registration Pharmacist Training Programme was recognised at the Chemist & Druggist Awards on 6th June 2019 as the winner of the prestigious C&D Training and Development Award. This award was for the quality, breadth and results of the Kamsons Pre-reg Training Programme.
Some of the reasons why Kamsons Pharmacy won the C&D Training & Development Award are:
- Every year Kamsons beats the General Pharmaceutical Council’s Registration Exam national pass rate.
- Kamsons Pharmacy is the only large company to have achieved a 100% GPhC Registration Exam pass rate for two consecutive years.
- Long established in-house training programme that has been running and developed over more than 15 years
- An emphasis on pastoral care- at Kamsons we know it a difficult year working full time whilst studying for the hardest exam of your life. We will look after you and support you throughout the year. Our Pre-reg Training Manager is on hand to support both pre-reg trainees and tutors with any issues
- We provide a broad experience and partnership working to provide you with a really interesting year including visits to a hospice to learn about palliative care, some joint training days with hospital pre-reg trainees, visiting lecturers from University of Cambridge Medical School and University of East Anglia, full-length mock exams from the NPA and the University of Bradford. Note that our pre-regs in Manchester and Leeds undertake a different programme and will not attend all of these sessions.
- Over a third of our pharmacist managers are our ex-pre-registration trainees.
- Some newly qualified Kamsons pharmacists go straight into managing their own Kamsons Pharmacy whilst most stay on and work covering managers’ days off and holidays in a range of Kamsons Pharmacy branches
- Our training is broad enough to provide you with the experience to work anywhere- immediately after their pre-reg year with Kamsons, our newly qualified pharmacists have gone straight into jobs in hospital pharmacies, GP surgeries and the pharmaceutical industry. One ex-Kamsons pre-reg even owns his own pharmacies in Brighton.
- Our pre-reg tutors are committed to providing you with excellent training. They all volunteer for the role.
- Our ex-pre-regs give great feedback on their year.
To apply for a pre-reg pharmacist place in 2020-21, then please search for Kamsons on the NHS Oriel system (under training programmes) available at https://www.oriel.nhs.uk
We have some spaces still for pre-reg places starting in August 2019. For more information please email us at email@example.com
Vacancies still available to start in September 2019
Bow, East London
East Preston, West Sussex (next to Angmering station with good transport links from Portsmouth and Brighton)
Pulborough, West Sussex (one of the busiest pharmacies in the country with excellent relationships with the adjacent medical practice)
For the above vacancies please apply directly by sending a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies below to start in July 2020:
for pharmacy students going into MPharmIV:
please apply via the NHS Oriel portal by clicking here
On Oriel, please put the following into the search criteria:
- Employer type: primary care
- Size of organisation: medium 25-200
- then choose the county:
one listing with 5 spaces available at Mitcham, Sutton, Carshalton, Clapham & Wallington
North West London:
Crawley- Pound Hill
Angmering/East Preston, near Littlehampton
Redhill– this is split pre-reg year with East Surrey Hospital whereby you will gain experience of both sectors. You will work for 6 months at Kamsons Pharmacy in Redhill and 6 months at East Surrey Hospital. To find this place on Oriel, please search for secondary care places in Sussex (not Surrey) under Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.