Pharmacy Dispenser, Technician or ACT – Kidlington
Full time Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant, Technician or ACT
An excellent opportunity to work as part of our dedicated and hardworking pharmacy team.
We are looking for an applicant to provide a friendly, caring and professional service to our customers. This is a responsible position that requires concentration and a good eye for detail as accuracy is important. You must be able to work and communicate as part of a team in a busy fast paced environment be able to prioritise a varied workload and effectively multi-task.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Label, dispense and endorse prescriptions in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure safe supply to patients in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ensure the safe supply and appropriate storage of medicines.
- Ordering enough medication and stock in line with company procedures to meet customer demand and date/usage checking to maximise availability and minimise waste.
- Create and update patient medication records in accordance with data protection principles to ensure patient confidentiality.
- Assist where necessary with the preparation of monitored dosage systems to benefit patients on multiple medication regimes.
- Check endorsements and patient declarations on prescriptions and file correctly to ensure maximum payments are received with minimal losses.
- Process invoices and paperwork in a timely manner following company procedures.
- Undertake all necessary housekeeping duties so that dispensary and back shop areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Work as part of a team and actively demonstrate a willingness to support and achieve the overall business objectives.
- Participate in the delivery of any additional services (stop smoking advice, blood pressure testing etc) for which you will have received adequate training
- Follow till processes including sales of over the counter medication, pharmacy merchandise and collecting necessary charges
- Follow the sale of medicines protocol and use the 2WHAM questioning technique provide advice to patients on the use of medicines as well as general health and lifestyle matters.
- Receive and hand out prescriptions under the supervision of the Responsible Pharmacist.
Previous pharmacy experience is preferred but we are willing to train a candidate with the right attitude who is eager to learn and start a career in pharmacy. You will be required to undertake NVQ Level 2 Dispensing Assistant.