GPhC Registered Accuracy Checking Technician – Uckfield
Kamsons Pharmacy – Uckfield
40 Hours per week
An excellent opportunity to work as part of our dedicated and hardworking pharmacy team. We are looking to recruit a level 3 registered pharmacy technician who has completed their checking course.
We are looking for an applicant to provide a friendly, caring and professional service to our customers. This is a responsible position that requires concentration and a good eye for detail as accuracy is important. You must be able to work and communicate as part of a team in a busy fast paced environment, be able to prioritise a varied workload and effectively multi-task.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Label, dispense and endorse prescriptions in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure safe supply to patients in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Assisting the pharmacist with the checking of prescriptions
- Ensure the safe supply and appropriate storage of medicines.
- Ordering enough medication and stock in line with company procedures to meet customer demand and date/usage checking to maximise availability and minimise waste.
- Create and update patient medication records in accordance with data protection principles to ensure patient confidentiality.
- Assist where necessary with the preparation of monitored dosage systems to benefit patients on multiple medication regimes.
- Check endorsements and patient declarations on prescriptions and file correctly to ensure maximum payments are received with minimal losses.
- Process invoices and paperwork in a timely manner following company procedures.
- Undertake all necessary housekeeping duties so that dispensary and back shop areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Work as part of a team and actively demonstrate a willingness to support and achieve the overall business objectives.
- Participate in the delivery of any additional services (stop smoking advice, blood pressure testing etc) for which you will have received adequate training
- Follow till processes including sales of over the counter medication, pharmacy merchandise and collecting necessary charges
- Follow the sale of medicines protocol and use the 2WHAM questioning technique provide advice to patients on the use of medicines as well as general health and lifestyle matters.
- Receive and hand out prescriptions under the supervision of the Responsible Pharmacist.
For more information, please contact Hemal, pharmacist manager, by calling 01825 767172